The Concept2 Design E Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 monitor is a first-class piece of machinery that is created to provide a complete workout for individuals of any age and fitness level.
Its highest build quality enables it to be used by professional rowers and fitness centers around the world.
The Design E is offered with a few improvements compared to the Model D like nickel plated chain, higher seat, and longer monitor arm.
The Model E Indoor Rower is developed by Concept2, a firm company based in Vermont that is a top manufacturer in the fitness industry since 1976. They are well-known for providing quality products.
Concept 2 Model E Features and Specifications
- Machine Weight: 65 pounds
- Max. Weight capacity: 500 lbs
- Width: 24
- Length: 96
This rower helps to keep a low profile with its 14″ (35.6 cm) seat height. When you complete your workouts, the fast release system simply divides the machine into two pieces for effortless storage.
For quick movability, the included caster wheels seen on the front foot enables you to move the fully assembled rowing machine into your preferred position.
Model E’s PM5 performance monitor is excellent, efficient, loaded with magnificent features as well as being easy to use. The arm for the PM5 is in a fixed position that enables it to be easy to view and interact. As opposed to the other performance monitors, the PM5 is built with the Garmin chest belt that screens your heart rate without having to worry about any wires that may get in the way when you’re exercising.
The Concept2 Model E is actually an air-resistance rower. Air resistance is among the most powerful resistance types and closely imitates rowing on water.
That’s the reason many Olympic rowers choose this resistance type, particularly from a Concept2 machine!
Resistance is created once a user pulls the handle and moves the flywheel.
WITH Model E’s damper, you will surely have full control of the level of force and resistance on your stroke each time you row. Depending on your priorities, you can adapt the airflow to the flywheel, which will allow a sleek and noiseless indoor rowing workout.
Pros of the Product
- Can be installed at fitness center or home gym
- Comes with 5 year warranty
- Higher frame size so that you can climb up and down very easily
- The stability and solid feel are very much enhanced through the one piece leg design.
- Can track useful data such as speed, distance, pace, and calories burned in an efficient way with the Performance Monitor 5
- Automatic backlit illumination when you start the rowing operation
- User-friendly menu
- No strain on knees, ankles and other parts of the body
- You can manage games, workouts, and multiple languages with the help of powerful menu
- Heart rate monitoring can be integrated other devices through the wireless Bluetooth connectivity
Cons of the Product
- Occupies large space when assembled. The storage space is less when parts are detached.
- Should go through the assembly instructions carefully so that it can be used for your needs without fail
The Model E is an excellent rowing machine, and despite the fact that it has a very high selling price, it offers you fantastic features, excellent quality, and an awesome workout.
If you’ve the money to invest, and you’re needing an awesome rowing machine, then you absolutely cannot make a mistake with the Model E. It is a good investment, mainly because it has been developed to last and can give you a full body workout that is highly effective every day.
What is the difference between the model D and the model E? (Besides $200 in price)
Not much of a difference overall, except the Concept E is 20 inches off the floor, whereas the D is 11 inches. It is much more comfortable getting on/off the rower at the higher height…it has been worth the extra $200.
What’s the shipping dimension? And how many shipping boxes will it be?
It came in one huge box via United Parcel Service (UPS). One large box containing several smaller ones. The smaller ones contained everything for assembly. It was well backed and shipped by crate.
How difficult is the assembly?
Takes about 15 minutes. Super easy!
Can this machine be folded up to be put in a closet?
Technically yes, but you would need to take it apart each time. It doesn’t “fold” without coming apart.
How do you oil the chain on Model E if the chain is enclosed?
The chain is attached to the handle you are pulling on. Just pull the chain out and wipe oil on with a paper towel. Concept2 has almost every question you can think of answered online.